Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First blocks done

I had Mary's block first, the Double Aster. I do admit I was afraid! But after awhile it was easier. I made two of the Double asters as practice and then made Mary's. Tomorrow I hope to send the package off to Alice!
Mary's Blocks

My blocks

* I do have to apologize Mary, I could not for the life of me get the center to lay flat! I ripped stitches and resewed, but I couldn't get the middle to lay flat, so I decided that I would leave it and let you try to fix it since you have more experiecnce with the blocks! I am sorry that they aren't perfect but they are the best that I could do! :D I hope you enjoy them!

Crystal

5 comments:

  1. I had better get busy with yours Crystal or they will start piling up here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are very interesting, and look like fun to make. I enjoy the variety of fabrics, and they sure will look very pretty in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe blocks turned out great! Love all the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are beautiful blocks!
    -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your color choices, perfect. Do not worry about the centers a steam press often does the job.
    Your 2 look great also.

    ReplyDelete