Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Batiks for Carol

2010 Round Robin Quilt Bee - Carol


As promised, the bee sewing begins!  Here is Carol's block of batik squares, triangles, and rectangles.  The block design came from an old Quilts & More magazine.  I tried to adjust down for Carol's dimensions, but it ended up larger than the magazine version!  I marked all my 1/4" seam lines for near perfection, and still ...  It was too pretty to rip out, Carol.  Here is another view.  My idea is that you chalk your seam line all around at the 10.5" dimension.  I tried it out by pressing the edges back.  The points of the dark inner frame and corners of the outside pink blocks get cut off, but it does give the block a more edgy look or sort of an off-set feel.   It was better not to trim here, though, or some of the smaller seam lines could come loose.  As well, it might work out that you can use a little wiggle room!  -- michele

2 comments:

  1. I love your batiks and your block - it will be a terrific addition to Carol's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! envy that collection of batiks!!! beautiful block!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete