Monday, April 12, 2010

Island Batik Maple Leaf

2010 Round Robin Block Exchange


My first contribution to the Round Robin is complete!  Wendy's Batik Maple Leaf.  Early in the year, my fabric store had a great new set of islandy batiks.  As I cut the pieces for Wendy's fall maple leaf, I thought this would be an odd fall leaf with a summery feel, but the colors are great together.  I didn't do a final squaring, as I am so new to precise quilt blocks.  I'll leave that to you, Wendy.  However, I did mark out every 1/4" edge, so it's as close to perfect as I can get it!  -- michele

3 comments:

  1. Looks great...can't wait to get it so I can get one mae too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the new fons and Porter Love of quilting there is a gorgeous quilt with the maple leaf pattern.

    ReplyDelete